GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS, BLUE ELEPHANT, S.R.O.
(BERLITZ FRANCHISE CENTER)
Blue Elephant s.r.o. (Berlitz franchise center), VAT No .: SK2022151175, registered in the Business Register of the District Court Bratislava I., Section s.r.o, Insert no. 35928 / B, Tyršovo nábrežie 12, 851 01 Bratislava (hereinafter referred to as the “Provider”) is a provider of services in the field of language training for natural persons and companies (hereinafter “the Applicant”).
- Application for group/individual course
The contractual relationship between the Provider and the Applicant is created by submitting an online registration form on the website www.berlitzbratislava.sk/eshop or by filing the registration form directly at the Provider’s office. After confirming the receipt of the registration form, the Applicant is entitled to participate in the language course he/she has chosen.
- By filling in the registration form and by confirming the participation in the course, the Applicant is bound to pay the selected course via e-shop, using a credit card or through bank transfer to the account of the Provider, which is maintained at Tatra banka.
IBAN: SK3311000000002623100779 / TATRSKBX
Payment note: Name and surname (or business name) of the Applicant
Variable symbol: Invoice number / Application number
- The payment of the selected course is due on the day of its commencement at the latest.
- The day of purchase means the receipt of payment on the Provider’s bank account or direct payment via e-shop.
- Cancellation conditions
Withdrawal from the contract by the Applicant:
- Withdrawal from the contract (cancellation of the registration form) is possible without a cancellation fee within 14 days prior to the start of the selected course. In case the Applicant has already paid the selected course, he/she will be refunded the full amount paid.
- In case of withdrawal from the contract (cancellation of the registration form) from the 14th day until the start of the course, the Provider charges a cancellation fee of 30% of the price of the selected course. If the Applicant has already paid, he/she will be refunded the amount deducted by 30% of the paid price of the selected course.
- In case of withdrawal from the contract (cancellation of the registration form) after the beginning of the first day of the course, the Provider charges a cancellation fee in full amount of the total price of the selected course.
Withdrawal from the contract by the Provider:
- The Provider reserves the right to withdraw without any compensation from the contract with Applicant, who by his actions distorts the course, threatens the property or health of course participants, teachers, employees or the Provider himself.
- The Provider reserves the right to withdraw from the contract if the capacity of the course is fulfilled. The Provider also reserves the right to withdraw from the contract in case the minimum number of participants is not fulfilled. The maximum number of participants is determined depending on the course type. Priority is given to Applicants that pay first.
- If the Applicant fails to pay the course within the deadline, the Provider is entitled to withdraw from the contract.
- Rights and Obligations of the Provider
- The Provider reserves the right to cancel or move the lesson to another date and hour due to the absence of the teacher (for health, family and other serious reasons) and inform all participants by phone or e-mail at least a day before by 3:00 pm before the scheduled start of the course.
- The Provider reserves the right to cancel the course with the number of Applicants below the minimum number of required participants depending on the type of language course. The Provider reserves the right to offer to the Applicants an opportunity to continue with another group that is at the same language level or another language course as an alternative. Otherwise, the aliquot amount from the price of the course will be paid to the Applicants, calculated from the number of pending lessons. The amount for the lessons already taken will not be refunded to the Applicant.
- In the event that the course is changed or will be canceled, all candidates will be informed by telephone or e-mail no later than 3:00 pm a day before the scheduled start of the course.
- The Provider has the right to change the teacher in courses without giving any reason.
- The Provider has the right to observe the lesson at any time in order to improve the services provided or to train new teachers.
- Rights and Obligations of the Applicant
- If the Applicant fails to attend the lesson, the Provider does not provide any financial compensation.
- If the Applicant is having individual lessons and the lesson cannot be attended, it is necessary to inform the Provider no later than 3:00 pm a day before the agreed date by telephone, personally or by e-mail. In case the Applicant will fail to inform the Provider in due time, the Applicant will be charged full price for the lesson.
- The Applicant has the right to report any claim, dissatisfaction or complaint directly at the Provider’s reception via the “ARF” form where the request/initiative will be recorded. The Provider will inform the Applicant about the result and possible solution.
- The Applicant undertakes not to contact the Provider’s teachers for services related to the Provider’s business.
- The Applicant undertakes not to freely hand out and provide teaching materials of the Provider to the third-party, thereby infringing copyrights.
- Public holidays
- There are no lessons during public holidays.
- The Provider reserves the right to organize specialized courses and events even during public holidays.
- If the Applicant requires language lessons during public holidays, it is possible after the agreement with the Provider.
- By submitting the registration form, the Applicant declares that, in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act, he agrees to process all his personal data specified in the application which he has given to the Provider for the purpose of entering into a contractual relationship and also for the marketing purposes of the Provider. This consent is granted for the duration of such a contractual relationship.
- All personal data provided will be collected and processed solely for the internal purposes of the Provider.
These General Terms and Conditions are valid from June 1, 2018.